Recycling can lower costs and improve the appearance of large venues.
School Waste Reduction, Recycling, & Composting
Through a United States Department of Agriculture Rural Utility Services Solid Waste Management Grant, the North-East Recycling Council provided technical assistance and training about waste reduction, recycling, and composting to rural schools in Connecticut, New York, and Delaware. Eight schools participated in the Waste Reduction and Recycling project over the course of two years.
Several resources were developed to support waste reduction, recycling, and composting in the schools.
- Waste Assessments & Waste Audits
- Waste Audit Sheets
- School Waste Assessment Form
- School Reuse Tips
- Paper Use Reduction in Schools
- School Cafeteria Waste Reduction
- Rural School Recycling Success
- School Composting Options
- Fundraising with Recycling
- Rural School Case Studies in Waste Reduction, Reuse, Recycling, & Composting
- Basic School Composting Recipe
- School Web Resources
- Presentations that can be given in Schools and Classrooms
- Small Town/Rural School Waste Reduction & Recycling Webinar
- School Composting Options Webinar