Recycling and Waste Barrel with Dome Top
The Recycling and Waste Barrel with Dome Top is the perfect solution for creating an attractive recycling system for any indoor or outdoor settings. Each recycling station is totally customizable with options for colors, and restricted openings that match your recycling program requirements. To minimize your environmental footprint, Recycle Away's Sustainability Series recycling stations are manufactured from high-grade plastic lumber made from recycled milk jugs.
The Recycling and Waste Barrel with Dome Top has the following key features:
- Manufactured from pure high-grade of recycled HDPE, and unlike other plastic recycling centers, contains no foam fillers. Top-of-the-line pigments and UV inhibitors are used to maintain consistent in the most demanding outdoor environments. The product is virtually maintenance free and never needs painting, never splinters and never becomes food for termites. The units are constructed to last decades, and include pocket screw construction and marine grade hardware throughout.
- Each unit comes with heavy duty liners with handles for easy servicing and lifting.
- Designed for both indoor and outdoor use, and meets all LEED requirements for recycled content, are ADA-compliant and fire safe.
- Restrictive openings to accommodate multiple material streams, including Cans/Bottles, Paper and Organic material, Waste, etc.
- Our lumber lasts for decades and thanks to our full line of engineered products built with commercial-grade building techniques, the furnishings themselves last just as long.
- The lumber wont absorb moisture, rot, or harbor insects. It offers many of the characteristics of wood but requires virtually no maintenance!
- These durable trash barrels are perfect for outdoor settings including playgrounds, parks, golf courses, schools and college campuses. Busy pedestrian centers, indoor and outdoor shopping malls and seaside boardwalks are also prime locations for these colorful trash containers.
- We use the purest grade of Type-2 HDPE recycled plastic in the industry today. It is made primarily from post-consumer material, milk jugs. Each pound of lumber is made up of 10 milk jugs. As the purest grade of recycled plastic, it can be recycled again extending the product life-cycle.
- Premium Grade Resins and Ultra Violet Inhibitors are added to the lumber to prevent fading from sun exposure and the weathering.
- Manufactured in the USA
- Rigid heavy-duty liner(s) included
- Our lumber lasts for decades, and thanks to our full line of engineered products built with commercial-grade building techniques, the furnishings themselves last just as long.
- The lumber won't absorb moisture, which can lead to rotting and won't harbor insects. It offers many of the characteristics of wood, but requires virtually no maintenance!
About Plastic Lumber:
When it comes to recycled HDPE (#2) plastic, purity makes a world of difference. The purity count in this Type2 Material drastically increases the long-term performance of the product, and at 97 percent recycled material, our plastic lumber is so pure it can be recycled a second time. Products with 35 percent recycled content can't say that.
In the end, plastic is just better. It's better than wood, concrete and steel. Recycled plastic is color-stable, doesn't rust or crack, and costs less than the alternatives. It's environmentally-friendly too—recycling plastic diverts waste from going to landfills and reduces our dependence on fossil fuels.
Type2 Material is impervious to insects, moisture and mold, meaning it won't rot, splinter, or become dinner for pests as wood often does. Added UV inhibitors keep its colors stable, while bonding agents create complete molecular linkage for optimum structural integrity.
Here's how it works:
- Recyclables get collected right from your curb; soda bottles, milk jugs or that empty bottle of aspirin. They're then hauled to a material recovery facility to be sorted, crushed and baled.
- Plastic reclaimers then grind the containers into flakes, clean them of any residues and contaminants, and send them along the recycling chain. Manufacturers buy the clean plastic flakes and melt them into pellets adding colorant, UV inhibitors and bonding agents.
- Finally, Type2 Material is extruded to shape, ready to be built into furnishings that close the loop on needless waste. Demanding recycled plastic reduces the use of virgin plastics and our dependence on fossil fuel as a result.