School Waste Reduction, Recycling, & Composting
Through a United States Department of Agriculture Rural Utility Services Solid Waste Management Grant, the North-East Recycling Council provided technical assistance and training about waste reduction, recycling, and composting to rural schools in Connecticut, New York, and Delaware. Eight schools participated in the Waste Reduction and Recycling project over the course of two years.
To help school recycling programs, Recycle Away has built a diverse line of quality recycling containers for educational institutions. To learn more, click here.
- Waste Assessments & Waste Audits
- Waste Audit Sheets
- School Waste Assessment Form
- School Reuse Tips
- Paper Use Reduction in Schools
- School Cafeteria Waste Reduction
- Rural School Recycling Success
- School Composting Options
- Fundraising with Recycling
- Rural School Case Studies in Waste Reduction, Reuse, Recycling, & Composting
- Basic School Composting Recipe
- School Web Resources
- Presentations that can be given in Schools and Classrooms
- Small Town/Rural School Waste Reduction & Recycling Webinar
- School Composting Options Webinar
Milk & Juice Cartons FAQs
Q. Are milk cartons recyclable?
The Recycle Carton website provides an informative FAQ page to answer all your questions. Click here.